Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bill O'Reilly the Heretic

The question is if he's a material or formal heretic. I missed the factor (because I was listening to Santana) but here's his talking points memo:

Talking Points Memo & Top Story
Gay activists mock the church--in church
A shocking story out of San Francisco--this time, two gay men dressed as nuns are given communion in a San Fran Catholic church.
Thank Goodness he's reporting it, but I have a bone to pick with him. He implied that if people have to have sex before marriage, they should wear a condom. That's right, he'd advocating birth control, contrary to the Catholic Church's teachings under the pain of excommunication. I understand his intention, and it's a sad side effect from the cult of life that has been set up in the post-Vatican II Church. Sure, abortions would be down if condoms were used more often, but ipso facto excommunications rise. Chances are, they'll receive our Lord's Body while outside of the Church, and sacrilege would rise. I hope Bill stops espousing Heresy and stops making a mockery of his Catholic faith like Shawn Hannity is.
He had a chance to apologize for advocating birth control. In the end, he's no better than the men that he reported on. The same sacrilege is happening. I understand that people sin and falter, I have plenty of experience. It's not possible to justify ideological sin like this. Is he addicted to saying condoms are good? If that's even possible, he's still a sick man and doesn't belong on TV.
A note to detractors, I'm not claiming I'm better than these men. However, I challenge you to show me something I wrote that's in support of birth control.

No comments: