Thursday, November 29, 2007

Youtube Debate

I'm pretty sure Ron Paul got less time than Fred Thompson even though he leads him in NH. I say pretty sure because I'm waiting to see the exact numbers.
Anyway, my reaction-
Rudy/Mitt lovefest continues. I swear, the front runners seem like they're running for Governor.
More importantly, John McCain is out of his mind. Isolationism caused WWII? Hitler should have been stopped before he came to power? Sorry, but if he was, he would have been a hero and not the reviled man he is. Anyhoo, better that he wasn't a hero to the Germans. I can just imagine "Iran is the new Austria-Hungary!" Speaking of, it was the Allies' (including the US) fault that Hitler came to power and WWII started. The idea of a noble America has been shattered for me mainly because of WWI. That's another post for another day, though.
The biggest heartbreaking moment for me wasn't seeing Ron Paul smeared. No, he can overcome that like he has very time. It was when he (more or less) said we shouldn't be in Iraq telling them what to do because we wouldn't like it and people booed him.
Remember, we see those we stepped on to rise to the top when we fall to the bottom.
Of course, there were lots of jokes. People like jokes and it courts voters. Such a shame that something so shallow courts them.
Finally, thanks to the massive amount of time the front runner candidates took up, there weren't many questions.

No comments: