Sunday, November 4, 2007

Non-political Sunday post!

Half truth, I do have to mention that I'm probably going to post something long in here about the worship of the state. I also finished my anti-Rudy video, so I'm going to upload that tomorrow and post it.
Okay, with that out of the way, I get to go on about my incredibly boring life.
My terrain pieces are coming along pretty well. Unfortunately, the hill I'm making is very warped. I'll hot glue it to the board, but I hope it'll be possible by the time I get to it. I've been avoiding sculpting the rock since it's going to be a pain to do. I did paint a tree, and it looks pretty good. I also re-flocked my barrow with Green Glade. It looks absolutely amazing. I might make three more and arrange them like the barrow in Shadow of the Colossus. Of course, that means resculpting the one I have a bit, but I think it'll look even more impressive.
I'm also thinking of starting a new army. I'll probably start a second Bretonnian army, but that's a given. I was thinking Wood Elves since, ya know, they live inside Bretonnia. Then I realised they were pansies that frollicked in the forest. I might consider High Elves when the new models come out, or possibly the Papal States themed Empire army. Of course, the real possibility is just converting some Dwarves into Chaos Dwarves. Or maybe an army of goblins!
On the 40K side of things, I made some rubble out of keyboard keys and some defensive positions out of those cards that to get to add money to your phone. I also made an airbase/helipad out of a platter container. I'm going to build some space marines, paint them bronze, and glue them around it. I love making statue models. I'll probably go hunting for some mesh to texture the landing area. Anyway, the little defensive walls are going to go near the base.
I'll probably be picking up some textured paint while I'm at it. Well, I need to, otherwise it wouln't look very concrete-ish.
Gosh, there has to be more to my life than modelling. Oh, yes, mandolin. I'm going to order a blue one. I should probably get a regular colored one. Oh well!

No comments: