Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nick News

Nickelodeon had a special about where a few kids stand on some issues *rolleyes*
I tried to get as many down as possible. And what I would have said if I was 7 years younger:

War in Iraq:
Worst part: Stay in Iraq even though it's draining our economy
Best part:???
My take: We can't continue the empire

Terrorism:
Worst: I'm afraid of terrorists every day since 9/11.
Best: Media fearmongers
My take: They may attack a building or blow themselves up one day, but they aren't going to take over

Education:
Worst: Plenty of kids say more government money. Kid bitching how his mom doesn't get paid enough.
Best: Yeah right
My take: Privatize it.

Environment:
Worst: No drilling for oil in Alaska. Get off oil (this way the government can invade Saudi Arabia! But the politicians say it's for the children...err...environment.)
Best: Government itself should become more green
My take: Let individuals choose. If we have to ban something though, let's ban the government. They're the biggest polluters.

Health Insurance:
Worst: Single parent/children not having healthcare heart string story. Government regulating prices. Girl calling for more taxes to pay for universal healthcare.
Best: Anti-government, pro-property girl. Tax cut boy!
My take: If the government takes control of it, the hospitals are going to raise pi=rices just because no one will complain.

Economy:
Worst: Keep low interest rates. Stimulus package. Rant against the rich (raise their taxes!). Repaying foreign debt by raising taxes. Fascism.
Best: Stop out of control spending.
My take: No intervention in the economy.

Illegal Immigration:
Worst: Fence makes tension rise. Fence is awesome. More I.D. to get into country. Hinting at taking away business owner's right to hire them. Find them and toss them out. Amnesty.
Best: Boy that wanted to ease immigration law.
My take: read best :D

No comments: