Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In God We Trust?!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

Interesting topic. "Should the motto 'In God We Trust' be removed from U.S. currency?"

So, I wonder what our options are?
Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.

No no, it isn't.

No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.

Wait, these are my only choices?

Guess I ought to just view the results then
Vote to see results

...oh.

I'd say it shouldn't mainly for the "patriotic" significance. I trust in the Prince of Peace. I trust in God. However, the politicians trust in Mars it would seem. I don't want their perverted worship of a false god, the god of war that they masquerade as the one true God, to be proclaimed from my near-worthless money. Not to mention it implies some sort of Divine Mandate that a Chinese Emperor could only dream of.
Of course if we had gold coins it wouldn't matter much what was printed on it since an American coin would be worth the same as a nigerian coin with the same gold amount. Hell, it could be privately minted with the atheist atom symbol.
(Heck even though I'm not one, I'd probably try to hunt one down)

No comments: